A major services organization in the auto industry approached Confiance to establish a centralized business process center of excellence (Business Process Competency Center – BPCC) to help support, drive, and embed a companywide process improvement approach and orientation. Moreover, establishing a BPCC was the primary mechanism for the client to achieve a key strategic goal of ‘Operational Excellence’.
While the organization had “pockets” of process improvement work being conducted enterprise-wide, such work was not coordinated out of a centralized body.
This resulted in disconnected process improvement efforts, redundancy of key resources, variable approaches to conduct process improvement work, and diminished results.
Leveraging a proprietary, yet best-practices influenced framework (CTF – Confiance Transformation Frame- workSM), Confiance partnered with the client to ‘stand up’ an enterprise Business Process Competency Center in addition to establishing a local process center of excellence (via ‘hub-and-spoke model) within its Customer Operations business unit.
Confiance supported ‘standing up’ both process organizations with the creation of several project artifacts:
• Maturity assessment
• Process enterprise strategy
• Process transformation roadmap
• Process organization/governance model • BPCC charter
• Change management plan
• Risk mitigation plan
• BPMS technology guidelines
• Target operating model
Developing the above artifacts provided the client insights, structure, and confidence to begin executing (and deriving value from) their BPM program roadmap.
Beyond enabling the client to achieve a core strategic goal (Operational Excellence), the benefits of this engagement enabled them to initiate and embed a pro- cess orientation to their work and business. Key project bene ts include the following:
• Maturity assessments provided foundation for the company to establish common (process) goals if not inspiring leadership for needed cultural change.
• Flexible ‘hub and spoke’ model allowed for rapid and agile process improvements to be planned/executed.
• Pragmatic, multi-year business transformation roadmap focused on delivering the “best managed reality” – the right mix of change that challenged the status quo and takes into account organizational appetite and bandwidth.
Let our team of experts guide you to dynamic solutions.